Pages

Monday 24 December 2018

SUMMER LEARNING JOURNEY: Swimming with The Fish 🐟

Before we begin, Merry Christmas Eve to those who celebrate! 

🌊 Activity 1: Surfs Up! 🌊

In New Zealand we have many beautiful beaches and stunning waterfalls. One of the most spectacular waterfalls is called Kitekite and it is located in Piha, a small village west of Auckland. Tourists and locals flock to Piha during the summer season to enjoy the waterfall, the local beach, and the great surf. Have you ever tried surfing? Although I have never surfed many of my friends have and they absolutely love it. In fact, it is their favourite summer activity! What is yours?

For this activity, please take a picture of yourself doing one of your favourite summer activities. It could be anything! 

The top photo is a photo took about three years ago, when my sister, my stepdad, and I went fishing. It was my first time going fishing, and although the sky didn't quite resemble that of a summer's day sky, it was super fun and we caught some fish. 

The second photo is from two years ago, and it's of me representing Christchurch for shot put. I ended up 8th out of about 17 but in my other competitions I'd earned 1st and 2nd place in all of them. This was in December of 2016, and although I haven't been to competitions in ages, I recently got 1st in shotput and discus for Year 8 at Hornby High's athletics day last year. 

🚴 Activity Two: The Great Taupo Cycle Challenge 🚴

🐟 Activity Three: Something Smells Fishy... 🐟

1 comment:

  1. Tena koe Jamie,

    I am absolutely loving going through all of your posts! They are so creative and such a joy to come across!

    I love fishing too! I used to go away with my family when I was your age and we would go out on my Grandad's boat and go fishing in Golden Bay. They are some of my favourite memories as a kid! Did you catch any fish that day?

    I think dogs would be great companions on a cycling race as they seem to have so much energy and maybe, if you got a bit tired they could help to pull you along.

    Jamie, I just love your slide show, it's creative and colourful and really grabs the watchers attention, ka pai! Do you enjoy creating animations and slides?

    Until next time, happy blogging :)

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.