Pages

Saturday 29 December 2018

SUMMER LEARNING JOURNEY: A Heated Debate 🔥

Selamat Pagi! Welcome to the third week of the Summer Learning Journey for 2018. I've had a great experience so far, I've just arrived in Timaru after being in Greymouth for a few days. Time to crack into some work :)

DAY 1: A Heated Debate
Activity 1: Togs or Trackies? [4 points]
Tourist Natalia Volna at Gibsorne's Titirangi Hill. 
New Zealand is a pretty lovely place to live, isn’t it? Apparently, New Zealand (NZ) is also a pretty lovely place to visit. In 2017 approximately 2-3 million people came to visit NZ as tourists. Some of them chose to come in the middle of our summer, while others braved it and came in the middle of winter! When do you think is the best time of year (season) to visit NZ? 

If you would like some help making a decision, feel free to read the Go New Zealand website. It has lots of information about the seasons in NZ!

I, personally, encourage my friends and family from overseas to come and visit NZ in early spring. The weather is usually warm and dry and the tourist attractions, beaches and holiday spots are less busy than they are in the middle of summer.


On your blog, tell us what time of year you think is best for tourists for come and visit. Be sure to share at least three things that tourists could do while they were here in NZ.

Here is my DLO created with Google Slides. 




Activity 2: You Are My Sunshine (4 points)

Activity 3: Burning Up… [15 points]

While it can get hot in New Zealand, especially in the middle of summer, it gets even hotter in places like Dallol (Ethiopia), Dasht-e Loot (Iran), Tirat Zvi (Israel), Kabili (Tunisia) and Bandar-e Mahshahr (Iran). 

The hottest temperature on record in each place is: Dallol: 41oC; Dasht-e Loot: 71oC; Tirat Zvi: 54oC; Kabili: 55oC; Bandar-e Mahshahr: 51oC. Crazy ‘eh?!

For this activity, you are asked to use this information to create a graph. The graph should have a title along with the names of each city and their hottest recorded temperatures. You can draw the graph by hand or use a computer programme like Google Draw to create your graph. It’s completely up to you!


3 comments:

  1. Kia ora again Jaime,

    My word, you have been busy however you have done an awesome job on each and every one of your posts! :)

    I have to agree with when you have suggested coming to visit our beautiful country, definitely before the school holidays is a great idea, things can be very busy in the holidays.

    Have you seen the lime scooters in Christchurch? Have you had a chance to ride on one yet? I would love to however I am a bit uncoordinated so I am unsure I trust myself on one!

    Orana park is so cool and we are so lucky, they have donated some free passes that are in prize packs this year, cool huh?!

    Until next time, happy blogging :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi again!

    Hmm, I don't think I've ever been on a Lime Scooter yet (although I've seen them everywhere!). I have to admit they sound kind of scary, especially since someone I know got injured on one of them.

    I agree with you on Orana Park, it's definitely so cool and I love to visit there with my family. It's so nice of them to donate some free passes!

    - Jaime :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Morena Jaime,

    I still haven't been on a Lime Scooter, I think I may have to make a plan to do so next time I am in Christchurch and feeling adventurous.

    What are your favourite animals to see at Orana Park? I think the Giraffes are pretty cool and the Rhinoceros. Did you know that Giraffes have a purple tongue?

    Emma :)

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.