Pages

Thursday 6 December 2018

BUGSY MALONE FINAL PERFORMANCES!!!💃

(sorry for bad quality, Blogger ruined them lol)
My costume!



















The day is finally here; it's Thursday December 6th, and we finally performed Bugsy Malone! Manning ourselves with liquid eyeliner, we took to the mirrors to paint our faces for our two big performances. By twelve o'clock the glamorous and elegant barmaid that is Betty Flowers was onstage and serving cocktails and champagne to underage child actors. (Okay, I'm just kidding, there were no alcoholic beverages served throughout the production.)  


But just wait - here's the full costume and a couple of other photos from our first performance. It was so incredibly nerve racking performing in front of (...) but I found that once I got into stage and into character, I became sassy and confident and everything I told myself I would be onstage beforehand. My time was spent either pouring drinks, talking to Fizzy (played by the very hyperactive Chloe McQueen) or ducking behind the bar avoiding getting splurged by s̶h̶a̶v̶i̶n̶g̶ ̶c̶r̶e̶a̶m̶  very real and not-fake splurge foam erupting from splurge guns. By the end of the performance I was feeling alright about the next show because I discovered that there was really nothing to worry about. 


Overall the performances were great. During dress rehearsal there were a couple of missed cues and some forgotten lines, but we did better during our first performance, and by our second performance there were NO MISTAKES AT ALL! 

I also ended up doing a solo in the song 'Hello,' along with a few others, which was incredibly nerve racking but I remembered that no one practically remembers my solo from the Lion King unless we actually think about it. It was especially terrifying performing in front of all of my classmates and teachers (especially teachers) but by the time I got onstage and was really getting into it I found myself to be the sassy Betty Flowers I was always meant to be. 

The shows ended with an enormous show of cream pies and party poppers and balloons and streamers which got the audience really going (or as Bugsy might say, it got their motors racing). 



A big well done to everyone who participated. I CANNOT WAIT to do musical theatre next year (I'm begging you, teachers, please bring this back) and be able to meet new people and make new friends like I have this year.

Lots of love, Betty Flowers xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.