Pages

Monday 27 November 2017

Hakuna Matata! | Festival of The Arts 2017

As the performance day nears closer and closer, we are bustling to get our show done! That involves lots and lots of practise, which is exactly what we did today!

We have been learning our cues (i.e when we come onstage) how we come onstage, how to pronounce and act out our lines, and how the show will run in general. So today we had our first run through of the script, which involved a lot of line reading and acting, as well as waiting for our cues. 

Thankfully I don't have a lot of lines to learn, just a few songs which I've nearly learned off my heart already, however all of the actors are learning theirs quickly! The show only had a few bumps along the way. The most difficult thing is not so much the cues or our lines, but acting onstage in front of people can definitely be a nerve racking experience. 

After going through the script a couple times today, it's safe to say that we are on the right track to having a successful show. My next steps are to learn all of my lines and cues off by heart and be able to perform confidently. I also want to work on my duet with Faith, and my calling, as that will be a big part of the show. The barb choir chorus is coming along just fine, and I'm really excited for what we get to perform!

Here are some photos from our recent practises. 





No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.