Pages

Monday 13 November 2017

Welcome to Festival of The Arts 2017: Musical Theatre

Today was our first session for Festival of The Arts 2017. This year I chose to do Musical Theatre, because last year getting to do the lights for the performance was lots of fun and I'd like to do it again. 


A performance of the award winning 'Lion King' musical. 
Although the final product will be a performance of The Lion King, when signing up for musical theatre, you're really signing up to do three things; singing, dancing, and acting.

First of all, we did some whole-class movement to warm our bodies up. We got into a circle and played some games, such as Tequila and Magic Mover. 

Secondly, we did some singing.
Our vocal warms up lasted a few minutes to warm up our vocal chords and prepare us for singing. Then we got into two groups - altos and sopranos, and sang a short song from the Lion King. I was a soprano and my role was to do a high part of the song. The altos did the rhythm with their feet and did the low part of the song. 

Another thing we did was choreography, as there will be a lot of dancing involved. Lining up in rows, Ms Beer first taught us choreography to the song "Can't Stop The Feeling". I really, really enjoyed doing this part as I think I can learn dances quickly, and they were really cool dance moves. The second dance we did was, "Thriller," by Michael Jackson. In this we sort of had to act like zombies, which was really fun and different from other things I've done.

Even though I'm hopefully going to sign up as stage crew, doing these warm ups and dances were super fun and I'm super pumped for the show!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.