Pages

Wednesday 22 November 2017

All Hail Your Future King! | Festival of The Arts 2017

Today was another session for Festival of The Arts. 
As our performance slowly begins to take its shape, there are a number of things we have to do leading up to the big night. This includes choreography, learning our lines and songs, as well as designing and creating our costumes and props. 


Today was focused on the big 'Circle of Life' number - a part that the whole cast is involved in. I am honoured to be cast as Rafiki, which is the role I longed to play ever since seeing the show.
 I have a solo in the Circle of Life and was naturally very excited to play the role. I'm also working with Faith, as we are sharing the role and get to sing the solo together onstage. As we went outside and began learning the choreography, I was hardly nervous, but I'm expecting that to all change on the night! 
I've already learned what parts I am going to sing, and how to express myself on stage. As Rafiki I have to use big arm movements, be dramatic, and 'draw the audience in'. 
I really enjoy the number we're all doing and I've definitely found a new passion for acting and performing. I can't wait for tomorrow's rehearsal!

My next steps are to learn the Afrikaans/Zulu call I am doing, be able to sing this confidently onstage, and work on my 'movements' to make me look more like an animal. Here are some pictures of today's rehearsal! 









1 comment:

  1. Kia ora Jaimee, this looks very interesting. I like that you include your understudy Faith> Perhaps you could think of her as your assistant and involve her in the final crowning of Simba at the end. carrying the "crown" perhaps?

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.