Pages

Wednesday 15 November 2017

It's a Lion! | Festival of The Arts 2017

Today was the second session of Festival of The Arts. 

I learned a range of different vocal warms up, as well as what the Broadway show looked and sounded like after watching a video. I instantly fell in love with everything about it - from the costume and makeup to the powerful voices and characters they portray, I'm so excited to be able to be part of the show. In fact, I changed my mind. I don't want to stage crew anymore. I want to sing in the show, which is something I never thought I would ever do because I've never really been part of such a performance like this. 

So I was so excited when me and two of my close friends were chosen to audition for a singing role for the performance. It was unexpected but I really hope that I did well and can get a part I want. My favourite character is Rafiki - the Broadway show featured a woman as this role with such a strong, powerful voice that I would love to do onstage. 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_0OdIcCQG9I

Above is a link to a YouTube video of the Broadway performance. As you can see, the set is absolutely amazing. The colour palette is so unique and I loved the prop giraffes, elephants and cheetahs. The vocals are absolutely incredible, and it added to the show enormously. Everything about this performance is amazing. 


This is a photo of Rafiki on Broadway. Her outfit is wildly creative and magnificent - effortlessly capturing the stunning African beauty that 'The Lion King' is all about. 

Rafiki isn't on the official casting role, but I would love to be able to play Simba. I'm really proud of myself for stepping up and taking such a big step - signing up and auditioning for a singing role. This is something out of my comfort zone but I couldn't be more excited for it!

1 comment:

  1. Wow Jaime! Such an impressive piece that you wrote about here. Maybe next time you could try adding some behind the scene pictures of what you guys do, and start in order to get the show organised.

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.