Pages

Thursday 23 November 2017

It's The Circle of Life! | Festival of The Arts 2017

Today was another jampacked session for Festival of The Arts. We worked on a number of new things; including The Circle of Life Finale,  my Afrikaans call at the beginning, and the Barb choir's harmonies in 'I Just Can't Wait To Be King'. 

I am learning how to be more confident with my singing, especially during my call and duet with my 'Rafiki twin', Faith. 

My goal is to not use my head voice in The Circle of Life and belt it out instead to really open the show really amazingly. My other goal is to learn all of my lyrics and stage positions by the end of next week. Not only do I have to learn an entire song, I have to learn harmonies and be onstage for some of the performance including three musical numbers.

Being Rafiki is much more elegant than first thought - when entering the stage during the finale it is my goal to look elegant and powerful, to hail the homecoming of Simba and his noble lioness, Nala, as they arrive on Pride Rock. 





No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.