Pages

Wednesday 29 August 2018

WHARE TAPA WHA | HAUORA


I thought I would never have to post about Hauora ever again on this blog, but here we are. 

Whare Tapa Wha is about the four dimensions in Hauora - Taha Hinengaro (mental wellbeing), Taha Tinana (physical wellbeing), Taha Wairua (spiritual wellbeing), and Taha Whanau (social wellbeing). These four terms originated from Maori philosophy.
This is useful to understand because if you are able to learn to balance all four of these dimensions, they come together to create a balanced, peaceful lifestyle for you and your family. 

One way you could imagine these dimensions as is like a house with four walls. You need these four dimensions in order to keep the house standing otherwise everything falls down. This is why today our task was to build a house using five pieces of paper representing the four dimensions of Whare Tapa Wha. I worked with Ava, Tanaya, and Stacey, and in the end we were able to make our own house. 

I think I participated well in the challenge. I contributed by doing some of the construction of the house and writing a definition of one of the dimensions on a wall. The others took part in building and writing too so we contributed evenly.

It was challenging when we were building the house because we didn't figure out how to staple certain places to actually get it to stick. Plus the tape was pretty annoying and it got stuck in weird places. I coped with the challenge by staying calm and having others in my team help me hold it still. 

I believe I worked well with others because we were able to get the assigned task done without any fuss and I'm proud of how it turned out.

2 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is an excellent reflection Jamie on your overall understanding of well-being and the challenges you faced during the building aspect of your Whare Tapa Wha model. Great work!

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.