Pages

Friday 17 August 2018

HHS CARR LICENSES ✨

This term we have been introduced to a new system of learning; Carr Licenses. 
Carr Licenses are an adaption of a system I remember using in Year Seven, the Privileges Ladder, where students are ranked by tier. The higher the tier, the more privileges you are granted. 

What are the tiers?
There are four tiers in the new Carr license system, expert, full, restricted, and learners. The top tier is expert (green coloured), the second is full (yellow), the next is restricted and the final is learners.

What is my rank? 
I was happily surprised with my rank being full, which is the highest tier available to students at the moment. 


What do I do to get my full license?

Having my full license means I make good decisions about my learning, I only use my phone with permission, I stay on task, working with the teacher helps me focus, I have my equipment ready, I catch up on work when I miss class, I accept the consequences of my actions, I have a way of organising my work and resources, and I get get back on task if I get distracted. 


What are the privileges?
Being on my full license comes with a range of privileges, including working anywhere with my teacher's permission, I may use the kitchen area to fill up my water bottle, and I have increased control over my conditions of work, to name a few. But it also comes with some restrictions. I'm not allowed to eat in class yet, I still need teacher's permission to do somethings. 

What can I do next to reach my expert license?
I'm going to work on making changes to my work based on feedback, including others, and seeking more information when I am interested in something. These are all skills of an expert license. I think I'm really close to getting my expert license but I still need to work hard to maintain my current status as having a full license. 

What CARR license are you on? Leave your feedback in the comments!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.