Pages

Thursday 16 August 2018

ASSERTIVENESS IN BUSINESS

Since I've returned to Health at school I have been independently working towards the completion of a task on assertiveness, and how it is important in business, along with learning how to reduce conflict. 

I learnt what 'assertive' really means (getting your point across, all while considering the opinion and thoughts of the other person), more on how to reduce conflict in business, and why assertiveness and reducing conflict is important in business

Learning this made me a bit more aware of how I show assertiveness, aggressive, and passiveness. When I am fighting with my parents I am typically aggressive rather than assertive or passive. I can improve these skills by taking time to recognise that other people have opinions and that I need to respect them no matter what they are. 

However I can be passive and assertive too - when I am negotiating with my sister on who can get the front seat of the car I ensure that we both get a chance to ride in the front seat. This shows assertiveness. I am also passive throughout the day as I act in a non-hostile manner most, if not all of the time. 




During the Business and Enterprise Kete I will be able to reduce conflict by taking a few deep breaths to calm down, go for a walk, rinsing off my face with a splash of cold water, and having peaceful conversations that provide a chance for both people to win (being assertive). For example if me and my group buddy gets in an argument over what colour icing we want, we could settle on both icing colours being used instead of one.


During the Business and Enterprise Kete I will be able to be calm in a number of situations, for example...
- when the business plan goes to pieces and we have to use Plan B
- when the business members get into conflict
- if something changes drastically

I enjoyed learning these skills and I will make sure to try and use these confidently in the Business and Enterprise Kete. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.