Pages

Monday 26 November 2018

WELCOME TO FAT SAM'S GRANDSLAM! 🥂

Finally I've arrived back at school for musical theatre. Today we ran through the whole performance, and I've got to say, it was extremely nerve-racking. It didn't help that I'd been away for the whole week.

Some things I need to work on/don't know -- and how I can fix it.

  • When the lights are focused on something else and the bar is dark, what do I do? I can ask a teacher to fix this.
  • I don't know the lyrics to some songs: tonight I'm going to listen to the soundtrack on repeat to fix this.
  • What am I going to wear for the big night? I can reference to photos of 20's inspired bartenders to fix this.
Other than that I generally just have to work out where I'm standing (in the wings, offstage etc.) and work together with the rest of the cast to put on an amazing show. 

UPDATE: I have pulled out of the role for the drag queen who auditions/Kornukopia (I'm definitely not as confident as I was in the Lion King!) I am instead going to incorporate Kornukopia into the role of bar manager instead!

I have been working on some sketches to illustrate what I believe Kornukopia will look like - I'll share these with you sometime soon in my next blog post.  Until then, goodbye!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.