Pages

Friday 30 November 2018

SWISS FAMILY ROBINSON (a comprehensive book review) 🌴

Last night after my last book review, I may or may not have accidentally read the entirety of 'Swiss Family Robinson' by Johann David. Here is another book review about this book. 

SUMMARY
Swiss Family Robinson is a loosely plotted storybook describing the turn of events that lead a father, mother, and their four boys Fritz, Ernest, and Jack to be stranded on an island for many years. The story explains in some depth about how they started crops, bred animals, found shelter, moved their shelter, etc, etc. At the end of the book there is a prologue, explaining that when the family were finally found, they did not want to go back to Switzerland and instead stayed on the island. The island, however, became increasingly popular and other people visited often. Ernest left for Europe to study before travelling back to the island. At the end of the book the father reveals that this book was his own personal notebook which would soon be taken back to Europe by a sea captain, where it was published into a book named, 'Swiss Family Robinson'. 


MY THOUGHTS
To put it straight, I absolutely loved this book and could not put it down. There was something about the lack of, dare I say, plot, which reminded me of another favourite book of mine, 'My Side of The Mountain' by Jean Craighead George first published in 1959. I thoroughly enjoyed the way they spoke - so much different from how we speak now! I noticed the author did not use any apostrophes to shorten words, like I've and didn't, and used the proper wording in those situations. The book contrasts from any other book I've read, apart from 'My Side of The Mountain', of course, but in the best way possible. I highly recommend this book for young adults and up. It gives you a sense of adventure, like you're actually going along with this amazingly-brave family. 'Swiss Family Robinson' earns a 10/10 from me and a spot on my top ten favourite books. 

Right, now I'd better start thinking about heading to school as it's 7:30 in the morning and I don't want to be late on a Friday. See ya!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.