Pages

Thursday 15 November 2018

CAN SOMEONE TEACH ME TO DEATH DROP? 💅

It's that time of the year again. Yes, remember Festival of The Arts and that surprisingly-successful production of The Lion King we did last year? Hornby High is back again with another school production. No, I'm not playing an ape. I'm playing my ultimate alter-ego, the stunningly-sassy, flamboyant and gorgeous Kornukopia the drag queen. 


This is the look I had in mind.
of course this is the gorgeous IRL drag queen,
Pearl.
Okay but for real, I'm playing a small character - a drag queen who auditions for a job at Fat Sam's lively joint. I'm also playing the often-seen but never heard bar manager who works at Fat Sam's. 

CHARACTER PROFILE
Name: Kornukopia
Age: 22
Gender: Male>female drag queen
Appearance: Very pale skin. Blonde Marilyn Monroe wig with one of those beaded flapper headpieces. Long and straight black/white dress (something very 20's) Enormous high heels - borrowed from my Mum. Fur coat possibly.
Early life: Raised in the Bronx, her father Jean Malin was a drag queen, her mother died of Polio. Self-taught singer and actress who has starred in a number of silent films including 'The Jazz Singer' in 1927. 
Props: microphone.

CHARACTER PROFILE #2
Name: Betty Flowers
Age: 25
Gender>female
Appearance: Light makeup - bright red lipstick, subtle eyeliner (this role appears before Kornukopia does, so I need to be able to put makeup on top of it instead of having to remove it) White collared shirt, suspenders, black pants and black kitten heels. I need to be able to possibly dance and move around in the 'Fat Sam's Grand Slam' number. 
Props: Cigarette/cigar, tray of drinks. 

PHOTOS FROM REHEARSALS SO FAR



2 comments:

  1. Kia Ora Jaime, a drag queen inspired role- ah you make my heart sing! I can't wait to see you bring this character to life on stage in your spectacular style! What have enjoyed about the process thus far?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kornukopia may steal the show! What kind of song would she sing?

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.