Pages

Wednesday 16 May 2018

WOODCUTTING IN ART 🎨🖌️

For the past term I have been working towards the completion of a woodcutting piece.

We had a choice between a Manga/Kowhaiwhai painting or an Art Nouveau/Kowhaiwhai woodcutting. I chose to woodcut because I am genuinely very interested in art nouveau works. I think they are very beautiful and elegant, and I would love to be able to paint or sketch a proper art nouveau inspired piece some day. 
I ended up actually being the only one in the class doing woodcutting. 

First of all I had to plan out some sketches of art nouveau and kowhaiwhai pieces. I took inspiration from Pinterest to design three pages - Manga, Art Nouveau, and Maori inspired designs. I thoroughly enjoyed this process because I like sketching new ideas. 

Now I am going to PAINT an art nouveau/kowhaiwhai inspired piece.


\


No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.