Pages

Wednesday 30 May 2018

VEGETARIAN NACHOS 🇲🇽



Yesterday, my class made Vegetarian Nachos in Home Economics. Despite I was away at a meeting, it's a recipe I really want to try and make someday, since nachos are my favourite food.

RECIPE
  • 1 cup of red chilli beans
  • 1 cup of tomatoes
  • Corn chips
  • Grated cheese
  • 2-4 mushrooms
  • 1/2 onion
  • 1/2 cup of corn
  • 1/2 cup of green beans
  • Sour cream to serve
METHOD
  • Step One: Gather equipment and ingredients in correct amounts. Preheat the grill to high.
  • Step Two: Slice mushrooms.
  • Step Three: In a large, non-stick pan saute the onion with a tablespoon of oil for 2-3 minutes or until clear.
  • Step Four: To the pan add corn, beans, 1/2 can of tomatoes, 1/2 can of red chilli beans or baked beans. Stir for 3-4 minutes until tomato is slightly softened.
  • Step Five: Arrange a large handful of corn chips around a plate. Spoon the bean mixture into the middle of the plate. Sprinkle cheese on top, place under the grill to melt.

If I was making this at home, I think I would add more corn and of course, some meat (minced beef or turkey). I'm not vegetarian but my sister is and she makes a similar recipe often. I also do not like tomatoes or sour cream at all so I would replace that with some sweet chilli sauce or more beans. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.