Pages

Thursday 24 August 2017

Get out of work free writing!

This week, as part of our persuasive writing, Mr Mitchell gave the Lantern Writing Group the task of persuading him for a 'get out of work free card'. Our writing had to be one paragraph, use a different range of sentence lengths, suitable/clear vocabulary, and be persuasive! This week's writing was a little different from previous weeks, however. We had no drafts - whatever you put in the box, you were assessed on.

Here is my writing!



On the side, you can see the assessments. 
For sentence structure, I believe I used different lengths of sentences, however I need to add more shorter, "power" sentences. I gave myself an R6.
For vocabulary, I believe I used cool, persuasive words that attracted my readers, as well as being clear in what I wanted. I gave myself an R6. Next time, I will focus on using more onomatopoeia and metaphors.
For punctuation, I believe I used a wide variety - for example, question marks, semi colons, em dashes, exclamation marks, commas, and full stops. 

I was proud of my writing this week; both my peer and I had the same assessment marks. It was a cool task that I was excited to complete! 
Thank you for reading, feel free to leave feedback in the comments below! :) 

1 comment:

  1. Jamie
    I like your argument. I thought your self assessment showed awareness of your writing. I agree with your reflection on the need for those power sentences. I was taught when writing to 'interrogate every word'. That is, make sure every word is necessary, that every word serves a purpose. Are you sure you have commas in the right places? Maybe you have a few too many? I always ask myself the question: would I take a breath there if I were reading this out aloud?

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.