Pages

Saturday 3 August 2019

I painted 'Starry Night' on a boomerang (oops)

Carrying on from our study on migration, we had to paint an Australian aboriginal boomerang. We were supposed to paint it so it told a story, using common Aboriginal methods of painting and abstracting along with using the colour scheme they used: red, yellow, black. 

My boomerang is a reproduction of the infamous painting 'Starry Night' by Dutch post-impressionist (impressionism is a form of art, usually recognised by the use of the paint strokes) Vincent Van Gogh. This is my favourite painting, it is supposed to represent the view from an asylum in the stunning Southern France.

This isn't really an aboriginal painting, I know, but I had fun doing it and I'm pretty proud of how it came out. I've painted on a lot of mediums but I have to admit I've never painted on a boomerang before. I would try and abstract it through the use of dots, if I got the opportunity to do this again - which I hope I do get, because this was really fun to do. If only we got to paint in every other class *hint hint* 

As for the other side of my boomerang, I only had one quarter of the period to complete it, so I quickly painted some simple clouds on a sky. It's not my best work but it looks fine. 

One side of my boomerang↓↓↓↓ 





And the other side ↓↓↓↓

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.