Pages

Friday 31 May 2019

I just took a DNA test, turns out imma 100 percent...

If given the opportunity to complete a DNA test and learn about my heritage and ancestors, my answer would simply be no. I feel as if it is a waste of time, and it is not like I can meet someone new in my family because I already know who they are. Perhaps if I were in a different situation and didn't know my parents, I would likely complete a DNA test to find out where I came from, but I am fortunate enough to know my whanau and where they come from. Another reason is there are many theories regarding how mainstream DNA testing companies use and store the data of its clients. To illustrate, many people speculate that DNA tests containing the genetic information of millions of people are being sold to the U.S government. So although it would be interesting to find out what I don't know about me, I would rather not risk having my genetic information sold to the government.  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.