Pages

Friday 10 May 2019

🎶 MUSIC MEGA-BLOG: Focused Listening 🎶

1st song: Adele, Hello

1. What instruments can you hear?
Piano, vocals, drums, backing vocals, bass (only very subtle). There was also a keyboard I didn't originally pick up. 

2. How would you describe the singer's voice?
Adele's voice is slow, raw, powerful, and strong. She can sing high notes powerfully, and low notes. She has an excellent vibrato and natural singing ability: she is able to sing without straining her voice. There are some high notes that Adele hits effortlessly. Really brilliant runs, overall an excellent voice, I'm only slightly jealous. 


3. What kind of feel does this song have?
Hello by Adele has a sort of sad yet soulful feel to it, I feel as if though you could cry to this very easily and have a good emotional release. It's a powerful, bold song that's a great breakup anthem. Slow, regretful, and painful, yet empowering. 


2nd song: Adele, Hello (reggae cover)

1. What instruments can you hear?
A drum/percussion of some sort: bongos, drums, vocals, backing vocals, a string instruments I can't identify. 

2. How would you describe the singer's voice?
The singer's voices was very plain in my opinion, both singers (male and female) were able to hit the notes well, including some high ones, but it wasn't particularly powerful or emotional. Both are talented singers. The male vocalist has a subtle rasp to his voice which I liked, it brought some depth to the song. 

3. What kind of feel does this song have?
This song is very chill and more upbeat in comparison to Adele's original version of Hello. It had a really nice Island feel like what I really loved. Both songs are very different but I liked both feels, I feel as if though you could feel two very different emotions while listening to both songs. 



3rd song: Get Smart, by the Melbourne Ska Orchestra

1. What instruments can you hear?
Bass, drums, saxophone, trumpets, violin, guitar, keyboard, steelpan, trombone, clarinet.

2. Which instruments play a solo?
Saxophone/trumpet
Tuba
Steelpan

3. How many people are in the group? 
There are about 12-25 members of the group, at least that was what I was able to see. Turns out there is up to 34 members of the Melbourne Ska Orchestra. 

4. What is the difference between ska and reggae?
Ska seems a lot faster and 'less-chill' than reggae, I feel like 'Get Smart' (which is all the Ska I know) would play while fifty people simultaneously had panic attacks in a busy circus, whereas reggae is very chill and laidback, Ska is almost never laidback. 


_________

Wednesday 15th May 2019




1. Do you like this song? 
I really enjoyed the tempo of the song - it was not too fast, nor too slow.
It had a sort of 80s vibe, and I'm really into the whole '80's' vibe. Additionally I really enjoyed the video and the mellow, chill, calm vibe it had to it.
I might add 'Wild World' to my library on Spotify. The meaning of the song, as far as I heard, was pretty relatable, and it's not like I disagree with the lyrics which is a bonus. There have been songs that I've really liked the sound of but hated the lyrics, which ruins a good song like this one. 






No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.