Pages

Friday 15 February 2019

✨ YOUR HUMAN RIGHTS (a digital learning object) ✨

Over the past two periods, our learning outcome has been to work towards the completion of a Digital Learning Object (DLO) displaying all of the human rights. This is my poster I created on Piktochart, it took little time to do and I'm super proud of how it turned out.

What did I already know?

Going into this topic, I knew a couple of human rights such as the right to live safely and the right to have food. But, honestly, that was it. Now I know many more. In fact, my next steps are to use flash cards to help me remember all of my rights, as I believe they are a very, very important thing to remember as a human in the present world. 

What did I find interesting?
I found it interesting that the human rights aren't even imposed by law yet in all countries and nations of the world. I feel like they would make a profound difference if everyone on Earth believed by them and went by them, but I believe it would be very difficult to get everyone onboard because of the current tension between today's countries.
Other than that I found the fact that before the human rights declaration was created and the United Nations were formed, there were actually people who weren't allowed to assemble in the streets or have the right to relax.
But, as I learned, there are still many people in some countries who do not have these rights. I feel like, as a citizen of a well-developed country, I take things for granted sometimes.
Visiting Indonesia just over a month ago proved to influence my perspective of the world and poverty, but studying this topic of human rights definitely changed it and I now see that, no, not every human- not even most of the world - follow these human rights the United Nations declared those many years ago to improve the world. And look where we are now. 


What I would change?
I wish I had learnt my human rights earlier. I didn't even think about learning my human rights until a few months ago, and even then, I put it off until we finally studied it. It's pretty bad that after fourteen years I'm only just learning the basic rights humans are granted at birth.

What am I wondering?

I'm wondering, just how much would the world improve if these 30 human rights had to be obeyed by law. Would we still have wars? Would people still be discriminated for their race and gender and sexuality? And if the United Nations even mentioned imposing the human rights by law publicly, how would people react? What would happen to North Korea, would they obey? There are so many questions I have that will remain unanswered for probably my entire lifetime.





1 comment:

  1. This is a great poster Jaime. I love the concept of stars as Human Rights are so important they should be our guiding stars. Your blogs around wondering and your questioning within the paragraph are on point.

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.