Pages

Wednesday 27 February 2019

HOW TO THROW A SHOTPUT I GUESS

Shotput 


For this task I chose shotput because it's an athletics event I'm reasonably interested in, and I've represented Canterbury for shotput, represented my primary school at it, and although I haven't done anything for Hornby High I got 1st for girls shotput in Year 8 (along with discus but oh well). 

Shotput involves 'putting' a heavy sphere called the 'shot' as far as possible. The shot is around 4kg for women in Olympic-grade but for my year group we 'put' under 1kg. 

The proper technique of shotput:
- The shot is held in the base of your fingers, spread slightly apart
- Your head should be in a cocked position
- Eyes to the ceiling
- When putting, the shot should remain tucked into your neck, and using your triceps, fingers and arm muscles you should push the shot as far as possible without throwing it.  
- Keep your elbow high while you put, finishing the put with a flick of the wrist. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.