Pages

Monday 11 February 2019

YOUCUBED PROGRAMME RECAP

The Importance of Struggle from YouCubed on Vimeo.

During our first two weeks of Year 10 math with Mr Werder, we have been watching and taking part in the YouCubed programme, run by Jo Boaler from Stanford University.  YouCubed provides a series of fun videos explaining encouraging facts about maths and the human brain.

"Struggle is important" is one of these facts. I learnt that when you are working on a difficult maths problem, this is actually creating or strengthening pathways in your brain which ultimately make you better at math itself. I really enjoyed learning about this because more times than not, when I faced with a difficult problem, I tend to sometimes give up or enlist help in somebody else. Now I have motivation to actually complete maths problems and not give up, knowing that it's actually making my brain stronger, which is something I think everyone should strive to achieve at my age. 


2 comments:

  1. Very nice blog post Jamie. I like that you went out and found the video that we showed in class and your reflection is really powerful. I am looking forward to seeing how much you can grow your brain this year.

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.