Pages

Monday 26 March 2018

THIS IS ME ~ AND 9RC! 🎶

This term, 9Rc have been working on our musical theatre number to perform. The song we voted on was This Is Me from The Greatest Showman. 



We have been working hard twice a week all term. By Week 9, we have the choreography for the entire song finished and roles established. Our next steps are to work on costumes and makeup, and to clean up our choreography to make it perfect.

I chose to have an acting/singing role in the performance. I was assigned to sing this part of the song, "We are bursting through the barricades and reaching for the stars," and also to assist Chloe with her part, the strong bridge. 

I enjoy my role because I have an opportunity to act like a diva and I like the message my parts of the song give. 

For my costume, I'm thinking something pilgrim or vintage with a chic twist. My idea is a dress with some crazy coloured hair and Victorian makeup. However at the end of the show I have to do a flip and that might not work out in a dress... maybe for the other roles, perhaps.

Other ideas I have include leggings, a trench coat, large hair wig, and some fancy flat shoes... I don't think I'll be flipping around the stage in heels just yet. I like the idea of Victorian makeup, with crazy blush, small lips and some dark, drawn on brows.

The whole idea of the song is for us, the 'peasants or freaks' to break out and show who we really are; talented performers who are confident and proud. The lyrics are really empowering alongside the upbeat soundtrack, with some emotional parts of the song where we can attract the audience's attention. 

I'm really proud of the progress we have completed so far. The performance is in a few weeks and I am confident that we will be able to clean up our choreography, singing, and costumes by then. I think everyone in the class, including me, are breaking out of their comfort zones and having lots of fun doing things we haven't really done before. 

I am feeling very nervous about the show, as we are performing in front of all the new Year Sevens, Eight, and new Year Nine teachers. I can imagine everyone is though too, however!

Here are some photos from rehearsal so far!  



Can you see me (the tall redhead) at the right back? 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.