Pages

Monday 23 September 2019

Gymnastics unit mega blog

For the past few weeks we have been doing gymnastics in PE. I genuinely hate gymnastics so much because I'm really not good at it. But I've been actually trying at this and it's gone well so far. I'm focusing on the floor routine as I am most confident in this area, as well as the beam and trampoline routine. I'm not as confident on the bars. 

What have I done well?
I've done well because I asked for help when needed and learned how to do a side mount onto the beam because of it. I'm also kind of okay at the floor routine, gotta give props to my year of gymnastics I did as a child. I became more confident when I was able to lift myself on the bars. 

What do I need to work on?
Maybe work on learning my routines more rather than playing around on the equipment. I also want to learn how to do a flip on the bars. 




23.09.19
I'm practising my routines on the beam and floor, and I'm doing well so far. I've asked for help when needed and I'm improving on the beam as well as on the floor.

I'm having trouble with the final dismount on the beam, for my chosen routine I have to do a tuck jump dismount. To give you an idea of what that is:


As for the floor routine I'm pretty much doing well at it. I think the floor is the thing I'm strongest at, but I need to work on gaining more momentum so I can do the 'trick' I want to do: standing up immediately after doing the forward roll. I also want to try and finish off with a strong stance and not just on the floor after the final roll. 

However, since I'm strong at the floor I'm wondering whether I should try a harder routine or make my own up. 

Here are some photos of me in action on the beam





Here is the video of me on the beam


No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.