Pages

Monday 2 July 2018

TERM TWO RECAP 🎓

Meeting Chloe Swarsbrick at the World Vision Youth conference!
Tomorrow marks the end of my second term as a Year Nine at Hornby. It feels like only yesterday I was starting school as a nervous Year Eight so right now everything is so surreal.

This term I was part of the 40 Hour Famine committee and took part in planning and organising the event. We did projects such as a rice-eating competition, mufti day, and fundraising for World Vision. I participated in events such as the World Vision Youth conference and learned leadership skills I use up to this day.

Another thing I was a part of was the 2018 Reader's Cup. Me and a few of my friends have been reading lots of books leading up to the event next term. Along the way I discovered possibly my new favourite book of all time, One by Sarah Crossan, as well as learning a new poetry style for me to work on. A struggle I face while doing this is having to read books I don't particularly like or enjoy such as Legend and Skulduggery Pleasant.


Working hard at the Gap Filler project in town!
Overall this term the biggest thing for me is keeping going when things get tough. Personal issues kept me out of school and in hospital for weeks and I've been struggling to attend meetings and catch up with work. Next term my goal is to be more resilient with my work, and keep doing despite any personal issues outside or even inside of school. 

Last term recap I said I was going to focus on aiming higher for Maths, Technology P.E. I can successfully say I got a better report in P.E, Tech, Home Economics, and Maths. However, I think I let myself down in Music, Art, and Science which I'm really gutted about. My second goal next term is to bring myself back up to an exceeded in Science as well as in Japanese and Drama. 


Thank you to all the teachers and students who have helped me along the way! See you next term!  



No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.