Pages

Monday 2 July 2018

MATARIKI FINAL PERFORMANCE ✨

Yesterday we finally were able to perform Stan Walker's Aotearoa to a number of Year 8/9 classes in the auditorium! We spent the term choreographing the dance, learning the lyrics, and perfecting our routine before the big day.

For my costume I wore a black and white traditional Maori skirt and a Maori patterned headband, along with Poi. I liked my costume and I think it well with the culture of the performance.

The performance went really well! The only thing I could have done better is my Poi - I messed up a tiny bit at the very beginning before I got into sync with the others. Other than that, I'm proud of my singing and footwork, and I was actually feeling very confident in my performing.

Here are some photos from rehearsal!





Although I can't grab any photos of the actual performance right now, I will add some if any are available soon!

:)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.