Pages

Friday 13 April 2018

🎶 THIS IS ME PERFORMANCE 🎶

On Wednesday the 11th of April, 9Rc were finally able to perform the long-awaited This Is Me number. We reserved Period Five for the musical concert and were able to watch the Year Eight performances and rest of Year Nine's. 

What have I learnt?
Practising for the musical number taught me a lot. From confidence to learning choreography to even just how to hold a microphone, the skills I learnt have increased my confidence and capability to perform like this in the future. 

What did I find challenging?
I think the thing I found most challenging was just confidence. In every rehearsal I was telling myself I couldn't do it, I was telling myself that I can't sing or act when really, everyone else was telling me that wasn't true. It came down to my confidence and in the end it got the better of me. I couldn't perform due to other circumstances but I do believe that confidence was a factor in it. I also felt really self conscious of where I was on stage. 

What would I do differently?
In every rehearsal I found myself saying, "You'll do better next week," or, "Don't try because it's just a practise." So because I wasn't trying and procrastinating when I was going to actually start putting expression into my role I wasn't ready for the performance at all.

What did I enjoy?
I really enjoyed just being able to become more confident in my singing. Even though I wasn't singing during rehearsals, I would constantly practise offstage and feel a little better about my singing after. I'm pretty confident with singing in front of my own class now and that will do me well in Voices with Soul. 

What am I wondering?
I'm wondering whether I could have done the best of my ability if I had a different role, or the role that I wanted. I didn't particularly like my role because the notes were pretty tough to hit - I'm definitely not Kaela Settle! - but I really liked the choreography we all got to do. 

Video >>>













Can we all just pay attention to this photo please?

Overall, I think 9Rc - and all of the other classes! - did AMAZING on these musical theatre performances. It's something that a lot of people probably have never done and will never do it again, but it is really good to do things that get you out of your comfort zone sometimes. Music still stands as one of my favourite classes and these rehearsals are something I will probably remember for a long time... and cringe about in about five years!

1 comment:

  1. That's awesome that you go t to be a part of something so special. Musical theater really is such a cool thing to do! (nice pictures, too!)

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.