Pages

Friday 13 April 2018

My First Term As A Year Nine: A Recap 🎓

I still vividly remember the very first day at Hornby High School, three years ago, back when I was just ten years old! That first year seemed to last forever for me. Maybe it was because it was a whole new environment that I was getting used to. 
Well, I'm Year Nine now, and I'm pretty used to it by now. 
This term has gone by so quickly. It feels like only last month I was starting Year Eight! 
Even though the term has gone by fast, I would be lying if I said it was a bad one.

I was lucky enough to become a Junior House Leader for Setu.
I made it onto the Student Council. 
I attended the World Vision Youth Conference.
I was invited into Voices With Soul.
I started an English scholarship program. 
I won a Mana Horomaka award for demonstrating Hornby Pride today!
I tried out volleyball for the first time and made it onto a team!
I played goalkeeper for a whole season of girl's indoor football. 
I met amazing new teachers and classmates. 
I was part of a Reader's Cup team and am studying hard for the Canterbury competition!
And I got my first detention!

I already have goals for next term, and I cannot wait to return to school to accomplish them. My big goal of being head girl is still on the wall, don't worry! I'm working on it everyday, taking new opportunities and leadership roles.
 I got a excellent report this year and am working on aiming higher for PE, Maths, and Technology, as well as my highest subjects, English and Art.
My goal for next term is to focus on showing all of my values consistently even outside of school or in the playground. 

I hope everyone has an amazing holiday, I'm sure mine will be - laying in bed until the evening listening to Jack Johnson and Soundgarden like usual. 

1 comment:

  1. Your year sounds like it's been awesome! High school can be hard, but it's the extra-curriculars and friends that help you get though it.

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.