Pages

Thursday 1 February 2018

MUSIC VIDEO BATTLE - Jake Paul vs. My Chemical Romance!



What is the learning outcome?

Find a YouTube clip of an artist/musician/band you admire. Open the video in Video Notes, watch through it and make some notes about why you like it, what messages are in it, and what you would change if you remade the video clip.
Repeat this for an artist/band/musician you do not enjoy!

On your blog, write a compare/contrast post about what makes a good piece of music using your two choices as evidence.

The Black Parade Music Video:
- Dark, gloomy, creepy vibes
- A theme of death, hospitals, sickness
- Lots of zombies, dead people
- Post apocalyptic society
- Black and white
- I would include some more hospital scenes as I really liked the vibe it gave.

It's Everyday Bro Music Video:
- Lots of people featured
- Cars, mansions, wealthy vibes
- Shots of street racing
- Dancing and choreography
- I would include more shots rather than just cars, mansions, and dancing. It got boring after a short while because everything just looked and sounded the same. 
- I don't like the song as I don't listen to this type of music (trap, rap, chart music).

What learning process did I use?

I used Video Notes to link and watch the video while taking notes at the same time. I have had experience with this in the past but I think it's very handy for taking notes.

What worked, what didn't, and what would I change?

What worked: It was very easy to take the notes while watching.
What didn't work: The original 'It's Everyday Bro' video is restricted so I had to use another version.
What I would change for next time: I would include more notes and go into more detail about the video.  

4 comments:

  1. Hi Jamie, your work is very in depth, I really like how different the videos which you have chosen are. I also really like how you have made an organised list of the qualities in each piece of music. Next time you could analyse the lyrics more. Keep it up : )

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Jamie.
    Just by reading the start of your post i can tell you are really good at describing things you write about.
    when I read your post I learnt that you can use video notes for this.
    next time can you look back and thing of a way to do a better post

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for your feedback. I will take this into consideration.

      Delete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.