Pages

Friday 5 April 2019

My Developing Orphism Masterpiece (not really)

1) Our learning outcome
A thumbnail sketch of what turned out to be one
of my final ideas. (It did evolve a lot though!) 
Our LO is to develop an understanding of artist Sonia Delaunay, Orphism, and colour prints through the creation of a linocut print, and further extend our knowledge on focal points, leading lines, and the use of colour theory. 

2) Our techniques we have been using
Practical knowledge: researching Sonia Delaunay and lino cutting. 
Understanding context, communicating and interpreting: Publishing our research and findings on Sonia Delaunay on our blogs in our own words. 
Developing ideas: Based on our research, creating thumbnail sketches inspired by Sonia Delaunay and the art style of Orphism. 

3) What worked
I think the ideas that evolved to become my final lino pieces are really good. I can clearly see the focal point and leading lines. I tried not to make my work too busy as my collage was definitely lacking simplicity, and I must admit I really like my work. I'm excited to lino cut, at the time of writing this blog post I haven't started yet but I'm looking forward to starting hopefully by the end of this period. 
Some of the thumbnail sketches I did.

4) What didn't work
I felt like my thumbnail sketches were very different and I just had way too many ideas that were really different. This didn't really work because ideas didn't evolve, next time I should focus on one sketch that I really like and develop it into something better and final rather than just choosing one of many ideas and using it. 

Using my favourite colour trio I added colour to the
favourites of my thumbnail sketches.








1 comment:

  1. Kia ora Jaime, I have enjoyed reading your blog, and I love that you have such a reflective mind, but please don't be too harsh on yourself. You have caught up well from being away and you have clever ideas. I look forward to seeing how your print turns out.

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.