Pages

Monday 18 June 2018

MATARIKI REHEARSALS✨




This term my class is performing Stan Walker at the school's Matariki night. Every class is performing a Maori song to help celebrate the Maori New Year.

My role in the performance is to do the poi alongside Stacey, Sharayah, and Chloe. I'm nervous to do so because I haven't performed using poi since primary school, but I know the basics of it and I think I can learn it easily when I get back to school.


We have made good progress on Matariki so far: we have our choreography finished and now we are perfecting it to make it look better for the night.

I am going to wear a lava lava or traditional Maori costume over my school uniform along with black lipstick and liner for the night, inspired by my friend Jay (thanks) and my Kapa Haka outfit from primary school. I need to make sure I have somewhere to put my poi after I've finished using it, however.


I am doing well with the lyrics but I am getting muddled at some points which I need to work on. I like the song overall so I'm not too stressed about the words. 

My next steps are to learn the Poi choreography and work on the lyrics!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.