Pages

Tuesday 26 September 2017

My Metalwork Creation


This term in technology, I was in the design tech room. Our big project was to make a car. This car would be powered with a small electric motor, made mostly out of different kinds of alumnium and metal, and would be able to run on it's own.

This project was very fun to make. My favourite part would have to be the soldering; melting a special type of metal with a hot tool, then 'welding' two parts of metal together. An example of soldering on the car was attaching the number plate to the metal. 

After I got back from the Koru Games, I created a detachable trailer as an extra feature to the car. 



The trailer :O

This is the switch that makes the electric motor turn off and on. 


This is what the car looks like with the trailer :O

The electric motor looked like this, at the back of the car. 

Another feature on the car includes a personalised number plate. 


This post is a part of my Summer Blogging Competition 2017. I would really like to do well on this as I enjoy blogging in my spare time, so feel free to leave a comment below, including what place in the world you came from if you are international! :) 

2 comments:

  1. Jaime
    What a great start to your summer blogging programme. I enjoyed your use of photos to document your car project. Photographs are a form of text, with the purpose of communicating, and you have done that well. fascinating that you enjoy blogging in your spare time - so do I. I maintain a hobby blog as well as my educational school blogs. Could you also embed video into your next blog to show your car operating?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Mr Sutton, thanks for your feedback. Embedding video is a great idea and I have taken this into consideration. I definitely do enjoy blogging in my spare time, as I love writing and creating things in general.
      I will definitely work on using more video in my blog posts.
      - Jaime

      Delete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.