Pages

Friday 21 October 2016

Jaime's Narrative 21/10

Gazing up into the illuminating blue sky; the sky that had chosen to resemble the colour of day instead of the dark night. This eclipse was beautiful, gently illuminating it’s unique, twinkling colours across the land. I let out a loud, low howl that seemed to last for hours on end, swirls of white misty breath erupting into the sky all around me.
As the howl came to a slow end, I looked down to the rock below me, my paws gently resting on the stone, which strangely seemed almost shiny in the moonlight washing over it.
My milky, silver-white paws shivered as a cold breeze blew past, gently ruffling my coat. Gazing into the distance, I saw a dark, lonely tree with branches of bones, standing a few hundred metres away, dripping with silvery dewdrops, surrounded by an array of colours; once green and golden and beautiful, now pale grey, sharp and just slightly...Dead.
“Où va le monde?” I gently whispered into the wind-of course this meant what has this world come to?- in English, I had been speaking rough French-Canadian. I waited for a reply. Of course I didn’t receive one. The land all around me became totally silent. As if it was waiting for me to say something else.
“I dit, ce qui a ce monde venir!”
‘I said, what has this world come to!?’
No answer. The gods didn’t listen.
The land went back to normal, a gentle breeze whipping through the paddocks, the silvery-white grass and bronze statues of stone and marble.
“Yeah, of course, the world wouldn’t reply, would it? I’m just a wolf. A wolf howling at a blue moon, wondering why the hell this world change into some silver and grey paradise?”
I thought to myself, in plain English this time.
Glancing up to the blue moon, I shut my eyes.

“Goodbye.”

1 comment:

  1. I liked how you used descriptive language. Maybe next time you could include an em-dash as that’s what we’re working on right now. -Naomi

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.